Sunday, November 7, 2010

Control Freak

Admitting I am a control freak-and it works for me.  I can pretty much handle the things that come my way because I have gone over every scenario in my head.

Today we enjoyed brunch as usual, then made caramel apples with Aunt Tiffany before venturing out.


Anderson was having a hot air balloon festival called "Balloons over Anderson".   The tethered rides were only $5 for the kids.  I though that it would be a great memory for them--what an adventure!


We waited and boarded the basket, Braelyn had to be held to see over the side.  As we all loaded and the edge of the basket lifted from the earth, my first mommy instinct was to clench Braelyn with one hand and --don't laugh--hold UP the basket with my other hand.


The weightless sensation, and dramatic realization that all my girls were 'in one basket" (a disastrous southern saying-Mama warned me about) left me with that one conclusion.  I have to keep this thing up.  I am unsure about the underlying meaning here but we had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment