Friday, January 28, 2011

A snapshot-of times

Things here are currently quite stressful.  As of this moment the past 48 hours of my life have been as follows.  Wednesday after school, dinner, family television time and bed for the kids, I preceded to stay up for the entire night. This was solely for the safety of the family.

Wednesday night turned into Thursday, finding myself back in bed after the bus took the kids to school.  Sleeping only until 9, I was back up with Braelyn.  Our day consisted of work around the house and a smaller than normal amount of homeschooling in the form of her Valentine's list.  Thursday evening came and brought with it dinner,television time and bed, and here again I am awake.

  A wayward child has returned home from a placement. His therapist is concerned for the safety of the family.  It was recommended that we place this child in a group home.  However, all of the homes we have contacted have given us the 'he is too dangerous for our facility" line.
So what to do. . . after much deliberation we cam up with the whole 3rd shift idea.  Back to retracing my days. . .  This shift is divided by myself, Ya-Ya and Tim as much as possible.


Our concern is not over the top,we read frequently of family tragedies at the hands of teenage angst.    This 'extra time' in my day has produced many creative ideas and sewing projects as the family sleeps soundly.

As of right now this is the only solution we have. How long can we keep this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment